Wednesday 3 September 2008

100 things to do - or maybe just seven

I see that Dave Freeman, co-author of the travel guide 100 Things to do Before You Die, has died, having completed just 50 of the things on his list. (More here)

I'm not sure that I can think of a hundred things I would like to do before I die, but here's a start (in no particular order):
  • Take the controls of a helicopter.
  • Cruise the Norwegian fiords.
  • Visit New Zealand.
  • I should love to speak 6 or 7 languages, but being realistic, I will settle for speaking French fluently.
  • Sail the South Pacific islands.
  • Have a book published (as a commercial venture, not vanity publishing).
  • Climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

1 comment:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Let me know when you plan to take the controls of a helicopter so I will be sure to be somewhere else.
That is unless you do it in New Zealand.