Monday 5 January 2009

Beware Waltzing Matilda

Opened the curtains this morning to find I had gone colour-blind overnight, then I realised it wasn't that at all; we had a covering of snow. Not a lot, but enough to make everything white. Having my advanced driving test booked for this morning, I fully expected to get back from walking the dog to hear that there had been a phone call from the examiner cancelling. It came while I was warming up again with a coffee. Apparently, it was then snowing hard on the other side of the Downs although it had only just about started again on our side. We agreed to postpone until next week on the grounds that the examiner didn't want to put me in a potentially dangerous situation when some other clown would be playing Waltzing Matilda all across the road.

4 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Oh, very good. Isn't grand when Mother Nature provides an assist?

Brighton Pensioner said...

Go on then - throw another googly at me. Mother Nature probably won't be helping tomorrow.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

The Yellow Rose of Texas

Brighton Pensioner said...

Hm. That might need a little thought but I do have the germ of an idea.