Monday 9 February 2009

The 365 challenge

I have recently come across a number of people who have accepted the 365 challenge. This involves taking a photograph every day for a year, though I suppose they might be allowed more than just the one. I did think about trying this myself, but it hasn't yet (and probably won't ever) get beyond the thinking stage. I'm not at all sure that I could find anything of sufficient interest every day, but I suppose attempting the challenge would induce one to look at things instead of just seeing them. That, however, means taking time, time which I rarely seem to have. (Quote: How dull is he who, full of care, can find no time to stand and stare.)

Actually, I did then think that perhaps what one should do is photograph the same thing every day, but that would be monotonous. So, maybe photographing one of the fruit trees in the garden, say, once every week would result in an interesting slide show. Of course, the photographs would ideally be taken from the same position and would each be framed identically. Then the slide show would be a bit like those shots one sees of a flower unfolding, or clouds scudding across the sky at a zillion miles an hour.

Maybe I'll think about it a bit more. Only think, mind you.

4 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

It sounds rather like writing one post a day for a blog, except that the participant wound probably have to get up out of a chair.

Brighton Pensioner said...

And he would need to go out in the rain sometimes! (Like today)

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Oh, you mean take pictures outside!!!

Brighton Pensioner said...

There is life beyond the door...