Friday 20 February 2009

I might need to widen the doors

I'm a bit concerned that my dog-walking cap might not fit me for much longer. It does get a bit tight sometimes, especially when my hair hasn't been cut for a while, but there is a distinct possibility that my head will start growing if I'm not careful. The problem stems from ‘Lavenders Blue'. Sheila took a copy with her to read in the oxygen tank at the MS centre last week and laughed so much that the man controlling the ‘dive' asked to borrow it. He said how much he enjoyed it and was overheard by a woman, who also asked to borrow it. I gave another copy to Chris, and his wife rang me today to say that she had enjoyed it and had taken it to her book group, where everybody giggled as they read the first page. Even my son said he enjoyed it. I suppose one way of bringing myself down to earth will be to send the manuscript to publishers and get a series of rejection slips.

5 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Did I tell you that I wish you'd signed the copy you sent me?

Brighton Pensioner said...

Sorry - I should have thought of that, but it wouldn't increase the value!

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

You can't put a value on something so priceless

Brighton Pensioner said...

I always said you should be a diplomat.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Wouldn't work. Truthiness would interfere.