Wednesday 6 May 2009

Inspiration needed!

Where o where is my muse when I need it most? As we will be away later this month, I decided to make a start on the June issue of Jungle Jottings. This will, I see, be the 60th issue since I took over as editor, so I don't want the standard to fall. There have been months when I have struggled to produce six pages instead of the self-imposed target of eight, but for the 60th issue I really do want to keep to eight pages. But so far I have only four and a half - and even that's allowing for a report from the next business meeting which I will have to miss!

I must be positive: something will occur to me over the next couple of weeks.

I'm sure it will.

I hope!

2 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Eight pages for a club newsletter is quite high... even for a monthly.
My own experiences tell me that after about two and a half years it becomes difficult because very little seems new any more. I can't remember how I managed to be away during the time I was district editor.

Brighton Pensioner said...

I can do without editing the district newsletter, thank you very much! But normally the club newsletter is not too bad. With the club diary and bingo rota I usually have a page taken up, then a short report on decisions at the previous business meeting...

But why am I telling you this? You see JJ anyway!