Tuesday 26 May 2009

Rain - again

By lunch time yesterday the weather had improved no end and the afternoon was sunny and, for us, very warm. So warm that I cut short the afternoon walk because Fern was getting too hot. But about 5.00pm it started raining again. I had to go to Gatwick to collect Neil, Wendy and Emily from their holiday and the traffic was very heavy with people leaving Brighton. Not much on the way back though! Still raining again this morning, although it has started to clear up. One advantage of the rain is that pretty much all of the bird droppings have been washed off the car, but there is no way that I can get a vacuum cleaner out on the drive to clean the inside, and nor can I cut the grass as it is far too wet and in any case, I use an electric mower. At least the vegetables are getting the water they need, but I might as well not have bothered to put the hose on them on Sunday evening!

No comments: