Thursday 18 June 2009

A sign of the times

While driving around this morning it dawned on me that most of the estate agents' boards I had seen said "sold". Thinking back, I calculated that out of a total of fifteen boards, two said "for sale", one "to let" and no fewer than twelve "sold". This is in marked contrast to the situation just a few months ago when the majority of boards said "to let" with a large minority "for sale" and very few saying "sold".

This perhaps bears out what an estate agent was telling me about a month ago - that the market was showing signs of picking up. I had felt back in February that the housing market, at least locally, had probably just about bottomed out and that anyone able to buy should do so then.

Maybe I should get a job as an economic consultant of some kind at some ridiculous salary. But maybe not.

No comments: