Friday 18 December 2009

A bit of a bummer



I wasn't over pleased to be greeted by this scene when I opened the bedroom curtains this morning. Although that is not quite accurate: when I opened the curtains it was still snowing and was too dark for taking photographs, but you get the picture (pun intended). All schools in Brighton are closed and there are no buses running. Cars were, I am told by the local radio, being abandoned on the main London to Brighton road last night. We have a steep drive which would need quite a lot of work to clear before I could get the car out, and then it would be onto a steep hill which is passable only in one direction as yet. So may plan to take the car to a repair shop for an estimate have had to be abandoned today. Yesterday I was stationary in the local supermarket car park when a woman drove into the back of me. Fortunately nobody was hurt and it looked as though there was a lot more damage to her car than to mine. Once I clean the mud off my rear bumper I might find more damage, but in any case I want it repaired, especially as it will be her insurance payng for it.

3 comments:

Skip said...

What's Fern's tale on all of this white stuff.?

Skip said...

One day maybe I will learn proper punctuation?

Brighton Pensioner said...

1. "What's this stuck in my paws? Let me get back to that radiator!"

2. When you do, you can teach me.