Monday 4 January 2010

Bah, humbug!

I don't think I really resemble Scrooge in my thoughts about Christmas celebrations and holidays, although I realise that others may have a different opinion, but I can't wait until Twelfth Night: the decorations are coming down today. The Christmas pudding was eaten in only a couple of days, the turkey is finished (apart from what is left in the remains of the turkey and ham pie the Old Bat made) and I estimate that it will take me just three more days to eat the rest of the cake (the OB only eats the marzipan and icing, leaving me to eat practically all the cake).

I am something of a 'routine' person and it will be good to get back to having the room as it usually is, with the armchair moved away from the television where it has to be moved to make way for the tree. That will save me craning my neck to watch, although truth be told, there hasn't been much I have wanted to watch lately. One good thing is that the news will be broadcast at its regular time instead of being shunted around anywhere between 9.50 and 11.25. I wonder when Jo Kent will be back on our screens?

1 comment:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Nothing quite like a holiday to scew up routine. It probably wouldn't be so rough if it was right after Christmas.