Friday 8 January 2010

Tongue in cheek

When I started Fern's daily photo blog it was done very much TIC. After all, how many times, I wondered, could I really come up with different photos of woods and fields? But I have actually surprised myself, although I appreciate that regular visitors to that blog may not feel the same. What has happened is that I notice more of the smaller details while walking rather than just strolling along with my mind on other things. All the same, the results are certainly far from spectacular. Some of the daily photo bloggers really do receive my admiration. Take Abraham Lincoln, for example. Yes, that really is his name - at least, that is what he calls himself. He lives in Brookville, Ohio, and I believe he is not a well man. He must spend hours sitting by the window photographing the most amazing variety of birds that visit his garden and posting some of the results on his blog. I certainly envy him his talent.

2 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

"Tongue in cheek"
Why does that sound familiar?

Brighton Pensioner said...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.