Friday 12 February 2010

Brain dead

Having come to the end of the Secret Diary of the Sarajevo Seven, I'm sitting here in front of a blank - well, blankish - screen wondering what on earth I can come up with today. I think that part of the problem might be that there seems to be so much else to do other than writing a daily blog: walking the dog, shopping, washing, ironing, cleaning, gardening (I haven't done any of that for ages and I really should get the garlic in as it's a couple of months overdue for planting), starting the next issue of Jungle Jottings, producing the certificates for the Zone's "It's a Knock-Out" day, scanning and printing more photographs for my newly-found cousin, etc etc. Oh well, perhaps what I need is brain food - chocolate. I have started taking chocolate as a medicine. It seems that a couple of squares of plain chocolate (not milk) a day help stave off something. Strokes? Alzheimer's? Heart attacks? Anyway, who cares what they stave off. I'll just eat four squares a day to be on the safe side. But then there was that research reported in the newspaper this morning about the nasty effects of eating chocolate. Let's hope they are wrong.

More chocolate anyone?

3 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I've heard more good things about chocolate, as related to health, than bad. I wonder if Oreo cookies count?

Brighton Pensioner said...

I wouldn't know about that as we don't have them this side of the pond.

Just checked on Google and we have something very similar but I can't remember what they are called.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I like 'em because they're made with dark chocolate and not overly sweet.