Saturday 27 February 2010

My own enigma machine

There are times when I find that words flow from the keyboard almost quicker than I can type them.  Not that the typing is fast; far from it, as I use just the one finger on each hand, so the words don't really have to flow that fast in order to beat the typing.  Mind you, there are problems if I am for some reason using the laptop computer rather than the big, chunky keyboard that is linked to the 'big' computer.  I don't know why, but I find with the laptop that whole chunks of sentences insert themselves into the wrong places.  I'm sure I don't hit a strange function key or macro, but the cursor still jumps back up the screen to a completely random place.  This means that I might end up with something like:

e laumps overThe quick brozy dog.wn fox j

I feel as though I am typing in a foreign language or a strange code.  Or rather, not that I am typing in that language, but more that what I type is being automatically translated or encrypted.  Weird.

And can you spare a pound for Leo House?

4 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Yes, well now you've congered up one of the reasons that I either don't take the laptop much when traveling... or that when I do, I don't post much. I don't mind posting drivel. It's the unreadable drivel that I can't abide.

I have a few pounds I can spare. Unfortunately they're not the kind you have in mind. Have you thought about creating a fan page on Facebook?

Brighton Pensioner said...

I don't seem to be getting on too well with F/B at the moment - still can't access Anderson Lions; the link you emailed just takes me to my home page.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Aha! I bet that's because I managed to screw up by logging in to F/B before I copied the link? But then to view pages on F/B I think you have to be logged in?
Try typing Anderson, California Lions Club (4-C1) in the search box.

Brighton Pensioner said...

Still no joy, and I've tried searching just about every combination of the name.