Monday 16 August 2010

Where has the day gone?

I generally try to put some comment or otherwise useless drivel on this blog during the morning but somehow today has gone by without me having the time. No, I have had the time, I have just felt that there were other priorities. One of those was mowing the lawn. This is the first time for six weeks - something completely unknown before - although I suppose it might have happened back in 1976 when we had a long, hot, dry summer. Anyway, I've done it.

Another thing I have been doing is playing around with the Lions' district web site. It was as long ago as January that I was asked to take on the job of district webmaster. I assumed that the handover would, as with all Lions' positions, take place at the end of June/beginning of July but it now seems that I was intended to get into harness straight away. Well, I didn't. I did eventually make contact with the previous webmaster sometime in April (I think) and agreed to take it on then. I started redesigning the site to make it simpler and, in my opinion, more user-friendly (ghastly cliche!) then sometime in May I tried to upload the new site. I spent six weeks or more trying to access the server where the site is hosted without success. I will now be transferring to a new server next week - I hope! In the meantime, I decided to change things around a bit to make it easier for me to add or delete pages. The new site - or most of it - has been uploaded onto my own personal site for testing. I will welcome suggestions for improvements if anybody who has bothered to get this far would like to take a look. It can be found here.

2 comments:

#1Nana said...

I checked out your Lions site. It looks great. I will be copying some of the Lions logos...I haven't found these on our district site.

I agree that your site looks uncluttered and easy to use. Good job!
Jann

Brighton Pensioner said...

Thank you, Nana. You will find the logos on the LCI site, which is where I copied them!