Thursday 10 February 2011

Wine, women and . . . water

Scrub the wine, we're going to concentrate on women and water.

I have noticed that over the last two or three years - it may well have been longer but, if so, either my memory is shot or I was too unobservant to notice - but over the last few years, women have developed an obsession with water. Wherever I go I see women carrying a bottle of water. Shopping, taking the children to school, going to work or walking the dog, it doesn't matter. Not all of them, but a good percentage will have a bottle of water in their handbags, pockets or hands. Why is this? Do they have an absurd fear of dieing of thirst if they can't have a sip of water for the hour it takes to do the shopping or the half hour it takes to travel on the bus to work? I know we are encouraged to drink more water for the sake of our health, but this obsession, almost a neurosis, must surely be a sign of mental instability at the very least. They need help - and not from a bottle!

No comments: