Sunday 20 March 2011

Disappointing

I thought I might try to schedule a few posts for while I'm away. Nothing terribly exciting, I'm afraid, but that's par for the course so you shouldn't be expecting anything different.

A few years ago the Old Bat and I had a holiday in Tuscany. We visited Florence one day - mainly because we felt we should. We could hardly leave the area without being able to say we had been there. Large cities - or even smallish cities - are not generally "my thing" and I certainly don't enjoy spending a lot of time in art galleries or museums. Besides, with the Old Bat's difficulty in walking, a tour of the Florence art galleries was not an option.

I wasn't over-impressed by the famous Ponte Vecchio



and the crowds made crossing the bridge and trying to look into the shops a somewhat uncomfortable experience.

No comments: