Sunday 6 March 2011

Ton up!

I wonder, is the word "ton" used as slang for a hundred in other (so-called) English-speaking parts of the world? No matter, it is here in Britain. But, speaking of other parts of the world, that is where my "ton" comes in. I have managed to collect 100 flags from different countries on that widget in the sidebar. The ton actually came up on Friday, I think. Knowing what my reaction is when I click on the "next blog" link at the top and land on a blog in a foreign language, I have to wonder how many of visitors from those countries stay tuned for more than a second or two. Mind you, according to the statistics produced by said widget (and I always treat such statistics with a healthy dose of scepticism) there are several people who return to this blog. Maybe not every day - I couldn't expect anyone to think my drivelling nonsense worth checking on a daily basis - and maybe it's just a matter of the "next blog" link throwing up this blog several times for the same poor unfortunate.

Not only have I collected 100 different countries' flags, but I see that I have also had visitors from every state in the USA. Wonders will never cease.

No comments: