Thursday 1 November 2012

Decision made

But first let me say I can appreciate that one of my comments yesterday may have caused offence to some people from America who might have stumbled across this blog.  If you did take offence, I apologise.  But let me assure you that my comment was not intended as any sort of criticism of people in the USA but a statement of how the British media treat differently natural disasters in different parts of the world.

~~~~~

My mind is made up - I think.   It was a couple of weeks ago that I mentioned the selection I had to make for a lunch to which I had been invited.  I have decided.  My starter will be the smoked haddock and spring onion tartlet, rocket and pecorino salad and I will be totally boring and follow this with the roast turkey and all the trimmings, finishing with Christmas pudding.

~~~~~

So, just to keep the peace in the Pensioner household, I lit the nightlight in the pumpkin which I placed beside the front door.  I also switched on the outside light to make it safer for the little darlings to descend our steps.  We had 13 callers, most of them of very tender years, and at 7.30 I decided enough was enough.  There should have been no really young horrors out after that time.

~~~~~

We had a sunny day earlier this week and I took a camera across the Downs when I walked the dog.  I'm not sure if that copse on the brow of the hill has a name.  I always thought of it as Pangdean Holt until I saw on an Ordnance Survey map that Pangdean Holt is down the other side of the hill.


1 comment:

#1Nana said...

I'm an American, well, not by birth, but I carry an American passport now. Did I miss you mouthing off about us? I'll have to go back and read and get throughly ticked off at you!