Sunday 18 November 2012

I have a problem

Well, calling it a problem is laying it on a bit thick.  And it implies negativity of thought as well.  So let's look at this in a positive way.

Yup, I have a problem.  It's just that I haven't had my post-breakfast walk.  You see, every morning after breakfast I take the dog for a walk to and around our local park.  It's a very pleasant park with a belt of woodland across the top and down one side but largely mown grass with scattered beds containing, inter alia, lilac bushes and other shrubs and trees.  As we amble down through the woods and then back up the grass, I explore the deepest, darkest recesses of my mind while the dog (a springer spaniel called Fern) explores the smells that are new since yesterday and, possibly, some old favourites that are still around.  The result of my musings very often appears on the screen later, possibly not the same day, but they do often appear.

But not today.  For a start, yesterday my musings were photographically inclined.  The day before - that would have been Friday - I noticed several things that I thought had possibilities as subjects of photographs - but I had not taken a camera with me that morning.  Yesterday was dull and cloudy, but the forecast for today was that we would have wall to wall sun.  (As it happens, we have.)  All the same, I took the camera with me yesterday on the grounds that things could very easily change by today, especially if the wind got up with the tide as it so often does.

So why have I not taken Fern for her walk this morning?  It's really very simple: my daughter is here.  Now, Fern adores my daughter, who is the bestest person in the world, according to Fern (except when I'm feeding her), and yesterday daughter offered to walk dog in the morning.  How could I refuse?  But it did leave me with no musing time this morning - so I have nothing to blog about.

But I will leave you with one of the pictures I took on yesterday's dull morning.


1 comment:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

So, if you want to avoid problems, call them challenges ...or new opportunities.