Wednesday 13 November 2013

Perpetual motion

It seems almost as though I have discovered the apothecary's stone, or what several prominent scientists from past ages would consider almost as important if slightly less valuable than the apothecary's stone. No, hang on a minute! Was it the philosopher's stone rather than the apothecary's? Well, whichever, it doesn't matter in the slightest since I have discovered no stone, neither the apothecary's nor the philosopher's. No, what I seem to have discovered is perpetual motion. That is, perpetual motion itself - not the secret of it, which still eludes me.

There is no way that I could begin to complain this week that I have nothing to do. And so much of what I have to do this week involves driving half way around the county rather than sitting at what passes for my desk hitting the keyboard, that perpetual motion seems to be the order of the day. It probably doesn't help that I positively refuse to get out of bed before about 7.30 and I also refuse to do anything that could count as work after dinner. Having said that, I was out last night on quasi-Lions business (duty driver for the blind/partially-sighted) and tomorrow evening there will be a Lions dinner meeting. I don't actually count either as work, but they do fill up the time and do involve driving! (It's that perpetual motion thing again.)

~~~~~

Nearly half-way through the dreary, dank days of November and it was a pleasant surprise to draw back the curtains this morning and see blue sky. There was a hint of a frost on the grass in the park first thing (that's my first thing, ie about nione o'clock) but so far it seems a decent day weatherwise. It was on Sunday as well, and yesterday, in Stanmer Park, although the sky was cloudy, the autumn colours made for a photograph good enough to share.


No comments: