Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas

I've been writing quite a lot about traditions but there are still some I have not mentioned.  When I was a child, my mother always listened to two radio broadcasts that were aired every year just before Christmas.  It was probably on Christmas Eve that the Festival of Nine Lessons was broadcast from King's College Chapel, Cambridge.  (I included a clip of a carol sung by them on Sunday.)  The other broadcast was of Handel's oratorio, The Messiah, sung by the Huddersfield Choral Society.  I have been looking for a video of them singing "For Unto Us a Child is Born" but there doesn't seem to be one on YouTube so here is a different choir, whose name is not recorded. I hope you enjoy it.


1 comment:

Buck said...

Merry Christmas to you an yours, Brian.