Tuesday 7 October 2014

Interview time

There was an intriguing email in this morning.  It was from a reporter at a television station of which I had never heard and she was asking me to call her as soon as possible to set up an interview about Brighton Lions' fireworks display.

After a little scratching around on the Internet, I learned that a license had been granted for a local television station in Brighton and it went on the air at the end of August.  Somehow this had completely slipped past me, although the fact that I don't buy the local newspaper may have some bearing on my ignorance.

Anyway, I duly called the young lady and fixed up for her to come round this afternoon at two - I didn't fancy the difficulty of parking anywhere near the television studios in the centre of the city.  Hiving done that, I went downstairs and turned on the television to see if I could find this unheard of channel - channel 8 on Freeview, I understood.  But that is BBC 3.

More research was called for.

Checking online, I find that there is no mention of Latest TV being broadcast through any of the local (-ish) transmitters.  We are tuned to one 50 miles away on the Isle of Wight, but the nearest transmitter (Patcham)  doesn't have this station on its list.  The other main Brighton transmitter (Whitehawk Hill) does have dozens more channels than the Patcham transmitter - but not Latest TV.  So I shan't be able to watch myself on the telly after all.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe you will be able to watch it online? I don't know but just a thought - perhaps ask the interviewer later. Good luck with it!

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I'm guessing your interview will be starting soon.
Good luck!

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I see now that I am only off by about two hours.
Hope it went well.

joeh said...

Well at least you will know what you miss.