Monday 22 December 2014

The Gas Man Came to Call

I wrote (on Saturday) that the gas company have dug up the pavement and that occasionally one or two vans arrive although the men in them seem to do nothing but sit in the vans and look at the hole.  But that changed yesterday!  When I got home with the dog there was another gas van parked outside the house with the man sitting inside.  The Old Bat told me he had called at both our house and our next-door neighbour's and confirmed that neither of us had a leak (which we were pretty sure of anyway).  Straight away I thought of that old Flanders and Swann song, The Gasman Cometh.  As today is Monday it seems quite appropriate.  I love the animation in this.


2 comments:

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Wonderful! Thanks, BP. Merry Christmas.

Suldog said...

I'd never heard that before. Funny stuff. Thanks!