Wednesday 18 February 2015

Today

Wouldn't you just know it?  This morning dawned bright and clear with a frost, but as there was almost no wind, it really didn't feel at all cold.  In fact, it felt good to be out with the dog immediately after breakfast.  For much of the remainder of the morning I was busy trying to get the paperback version of Lavender for My Lady into a fit state to press the 'publish' button, the eBook already being on sale on Amazon.  (I won't provide a link as it would be different for US and UK readers.)  It is my small attempt to raise funds for Brighton Lions Club.

Anyway, as the Old Bat and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch, I glanced out of the window and saw that the sun was still shining.  I know that the farmer has no cattle or sheep in the fields on Scare Hill and up to the Chattri so I decided on that as being the venue for the afternoon walk.  But by the time the washing up was done and I was ready to set off, the sky was completely clouded over.  So I changed my mind and went across 39 Acres and round the Roman Camp.  Unfortunately, I managed to slip and fall heavily so I now have a badly bruised wrist.  Luckily, it's my left wrist and I am right-handed.

So, when I've done with the ice pack I'll get started on the paperwork for tonight's Lions meeting.

No comments: