Monday 31 August 2015

Bank holiday weather


Our little pigs in their tutus won't be getting their run out today.  As this is a bank holiday, the Minister for Rain is at work.  And how!

Last night, just as I was about to send Fern down the garden before she went to bed, the thunder and lightning started.  I sat reading for a while until I thought the storm had gone by, but Fern refused to go out in the rain.  I put her on the lead, donned a waterproof and wellies, and off we went into the dark - only for a flash of lightning to illuminate the garden, whereupon Fern dragged me back into the house.  Midnight saw me walking her down the road until she found a good spot on the verge to have a pee.

I woke during the night to hear the rain hammering down and when I finally shrugged off the effects of Morpheus, it was to hear the thunder once again.  But fortunately, by the time I was ready to take Fern for her post-breakfast amble, the rain had stopped and it held off long enough for us to walk to the park and back.

4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Amazing how the bank holiday is so good for rain, breaking crowns on teeth, spraining ankles, etc.

joeh said...

I think when that lightening went off if I was walking the dog there might have been a joint pee.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I kinda wish our holidays would bring some rain.
There was a bit of a teaser on Saturday, where several isolated showers dropped as much as a half inch on nearby communities.
But nothing doing here.

The Broad said...

What a pitiful sight you must have been!