Sunday 3 January 2016

Here and there

Well, that's it for another year.  I ate the last slice of Christmas cake for lunch - after the cheese and biscuits.  The turkey is gone as well - days ago! - and there might be just a spoonful of brandy butter left in the fridge.

I was quite happy until I saw that my son and his partner/girl friend (who are using our French hideaway over the New Year) ate at our favourite restaurant last night.  And just to add insult to injury, I see from the photos Tam posted on F/b that they were sitting at 'our' table!

I looked through my photos and came up with what the restaurant looked like when we first knew it (that's 'our' table under the mirror):


It's been 'updated' since then:

While they are away, there animals are seen to by Tam's father and me on a rota.  There are one rabbit, two cats and three hens to be fed and watered.  I'm very glad that it's not me on duty today as it's absolutely pxxxing down out there!  Even the dog has decided she doesn't really want a walk this afternoon!!

1 comment:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

When I was at Healdsburg last week, buying the loaf of soudough, I'd thought seriously about post it to f/b, knowing my brother would immediately know I was getting a dig.