Monday 13 June 2016

Directions

Travelling to a Lions event yesterday somewhere in the depths of the countryside I found myself a little lost (if you see what I mean.  And no, I am not Irish, Belgian or Swedish.)  I pulled up outside a village store that appeared to be open.  It was, so I entered and asked the man behind the counter if he could tell me the quickest way to my destination.

"Are you walking or driving?" he asked.

"Driving," I replied.

"Yes," he confirmed.  "That's the quickest way."

2 comments:

joeh said...

Funny! Reminds me of a story my brother told me.
My brother was a sailboat cruiser. Once in Maine he thought he would like lobster. He asked a local
"Where is the closest place to buy fresh lobster." The local replied

"Can't tell ya."

"You mean there is no place here to buy fresh lobster?"

"Oh sure, lots of places, just not sure which one is the closest."

Sarah said...

Were you in Cornwall? SD asked directions once in Cornwall. The man scratched his chin and said - 'you want to go down the lane, turn left, drive for half a mile and there will be a man on the corner of the road'. 'Is that the place then' asked SD - 'no' he said 'but he might know the way'!